Saturday, March 10, 2007

Car hit by golf ball that flew through safety net

My car was hit by a golf ball that flew through the safety net and went out of bounds at Jurong Country Club while I was driving on the AYE between 6.30pm and 7pm on March 2.

I went to the club the next day to launch a complaint and claim. While the club was professional in handling the matter, it has been a chore since.

In addition to that, I was appalled by the remark of a diner at the club, who commented that it was a 'small matter' and that I was making a mountain out of a molehill. I was made aware that my case was the second in two weeks. This is shocking.

Did the club do anything about it after the first incident?

And why is the process to complete my claim for repair so complicated?

What is the club doing to penalise careless and inconsiderate golfers and members?

Also, the remarks by the diner. What would his reaction be if this had been his car or his family?

I hope he realises that it is not a 'small matter' at all. When it comes to safety, nothing is a small matter and the need to pre-empt and prevent is of paramount importance.

Chew Wee Bing (Ms)

No comments: